Monday, March 17, 2008

Beating A Hasty Retreat

People have this tendency to write apologetic posts when they have not posted to their blogs for a lengthy period. In lieu of me doing that, I thought I would let you know in advance that I probably won't be posting at all in the coming days. I have a lot on my plate right now, and it feels like I am continually juggling my time, trying not to let anyone down.

But I do - let people down, that is. So this week the readers of this blog get to be disappointed in me — join the club! It's becoming a rather large membership. Not writing feels like a self-imposed punishment. I write to vent, to inform, to amuse (mostly myself), to think out loud and sometimes, it feels like I write to breathe. 

So like your momma told you when you were four, this is going to hurt me way more than it hurts any of you. 

So until next time - happy ancestral digging! 

PS If you are looking for a genealogical blog fix, may I suggest you go to Kimberly Powell's “About Genealogy” column and look at her list of Genealogy Blogs and Bloggers at http://genealogy.about.com/od/blogs/. Many of my personal favorites, as well as some of my own genea-blogger friends are well represented there - Terry Thornton, Jasia, Randy Seaver, FoonoteMaven, Denise Olson, Janice Brown, Craig Manson, Becky Wiseman, Juliana Smith, Megan Smolenyak, Blaine Bittinger, Kimberly Powell, Chris Dunham, Joe Beine … 

Note this post first published online, March 17, 2008, at Desktop Genealogist Blog at The News-Messenger Online http://www.thenews-messenger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=BLOGS02

© 17 March 2008, Desktop Genealogist Unplugged, Teresa L. Snyder 

No comments:


Terry

Terry

Labels