Saturday, August 16, 2008

Who Knew

Me - sitting in our living room with my fingers laced, covering my eyes, tiny spaces between each finger open just wide enough so I can see parts of the screen as I am watching the movie “Untraceable.”

My husband shaking his head, “Why did you get this movie, if you knew you wouldn’t be able to watch it?”

I like Diane Lane,” I say behind the curtain of fingers. 

Yeah, me too. I hear she told Josh Brolin she’d kick him to the curb, if he didn’t stop drinking.”

Fingers now dropped, I am staring at my spouse, as three rapid-fire thoughts fly through my brain. 

This is the kind of conversation I miss having with female co-workers. And - Who are you and what have you done with my husband. And – Really, she said that to Josh Brolin? 

All of which must have played across my face because then, the perfect man looked at me, shrugged and said simply, “AOL.” Well, okay then. After 19 years of marriage, my husband can still surprise me.

© 16  August 2008, Desktop Genealogist Unplugged, Teresa L. Snyder 

No comments:


Terry

Terry

Labels