Monday, August 11, 2008

My Final Request

My last request is very modest. For sometime, I’ve known about a Pomeranian newsletter that is written here in the states. “Die Pommerschen Leute” comes out four times a year and deals with a variety of Pommern topics. You may purchase old issues of the newsletter for $5.00 each. I’ve printed out the form and finally made a decision on which two of the old issues I’d like to read. 

The Fall 2003 volume offers several articles on the region that interests me, the Stolp area of Pomerania. The Fall issue 2006 has another Kreis Stolp article, along with an article about Plattdeutsch (Low German). (I almost went with another volume that talked about Pomeranian potatoes – that one sounded yummy!) 

Though this is my last request, you will notice that my scoreboard still needs one more request. I will be going to the post office on my lunch hour today and mail the paperwork to start the process of changing my great great grandfather’s civil war grave marker. When that is done, you will see the scoreboard updated. (If it won’t allow me to update on this post, and you never know what this platform will or will not let you do, then you will see it as a separate post on this blog.)



© 11 August 2008, Desktop Genealogist Unplugged, Teresa L. Snyder
 

No comments:


Terry

Terry

Labels