Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Year of Positive Thinking - Week 6

I am suffering from an embarrassment of “positive” riches. My friend Teagen, though she had a stressful week last week, managed to send me a beautiful book filled with enough positive quotes to last me an entire year. That’s right, an entire year, every day, 365 days! Next week, I will be pulling from this quote book and talking more about it, but I wanted to thank Teagen publicly for such a thoughtful gesture, especially with the kind of week she experienced. 

 Speaking of last week, as you know, last week started on a bit of a low note. Apparently, I wasn’t the only one. HARRIET of Genealogy Fun also had a Bad Day last week. She dwelled a little in that vat of you-know-what, but was able to pull herself out of it. I say, “Good for you, Harriet!” 

 This week’s quote comes from my boss, Sam. When she sent it to me, I knew that this was the next quote that I wanted to use. It’s from Nelson Mandela. "And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." 

So that’s my goal this week, to be the candle instead of the candlesnuffer. Have a great week.

 PS to Harriet. Ohio has more snow in the forecast this week. If I could only figure out how to do it, I would share. :-)

© 17 February 2009, Desktop Genealogist Unplugged, Teresa L. Snyder 

2 comments:

Dorene from Ohio said...

I am all for letting our lights shine! :)

Harriet said...

Thanks Terry for the mention! I have new followers! I have also enjoyed reading their blogs.


Terry

Terry

Labels