Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Year of Positive Thinking - Week 8

I’m not sure if you can ascribe this week’s quote to positive thinking, but it highlights what I see as a personal flaw in my own psyche. For this week, I am making it my mantra, and my reminder. 

We rest here while we can, but we hear the ocean calling in our dreams, And we know by the morning, the wind will fill our sails to test the seams, The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore,
For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for. 

(Tom Kimmel & Michael Lille)

Have a great week!

© 3 March 2009, Desktop Genealogist Unplugged, Teresa L. Snyder

2 comments:

Ryan Biddulph said...

Hi Terry,

I wouldn't see that as a flaw but rather an opportunity to learn more about yourself. In keeping with a positive mindset try as much as possible to see the good in everything. It's great whenever you spot an aspect of your personality which you'd like to improve :)

This may be a challenge but like anything, the more you train yourself to always see the positive the more it will become a habit.

Very thought-provoking quote. Thanks for sharing :)

Ryan

TERRY SNYDER said...

Thank you Ryan, for your thoughtful comment! I really do like the quote.


Terry

Terry

Labels