Thursday, February 12, 2009

Not Dwelling in the Vat of Crabbiness

Okay, okay, I lied. I didn’t post my positive thinking piece as promised. But, in mulling it over, I decided that I would let Monday’s post stand. Yah, I was crabby, but in writing about my day, I relieved my stress, poked some fun at myself, and then got on with things. Life doesn’t always go the way you want it to go. Sometimes, no matter how good your intentions, things run amok. As long as you find a healthy way to deal with it, and don’t dwell too long in the vat of crabbiness, it’s okay. The positive police won’t come and lock you up. It turns out that writing is my coping mechanism. Once I wrote the post, my doom and gloom mood lifted, and I was able to laugh at how personally I was taking a series of random events. Now that may be an unconventional vision of positive thinking, but it kind of works for me. Maybe that’s progress. Until Next Time . . .

©12 February 2009, Desktop Genealogist Unplugged, Teresa L. Snyder

6 comments:

Diana Ritchie said...

"Vat of crabbiness" ~ I love that phrase!! I can think of a number of people to use that with - as in, "You need to get out of that vat of crabbiness you are in". Your post mademe smile reading it ~ and I agree with you, I think it was a great coping mechanism.

TERRY SNYDER said...

You can thank my wise and brilliant friend, Leslie, for the "vat of crabbiness" phrase. I'm picturing a big black kettle filled to the brim with angry bubbles of crabbiness. :)

I'd like to be a little mouse, when and if you ever tell someone to "get out of that vat of crabbiness you are in." Thanks for posting your comment, Diane. It made my day!

Greta Koehl said...

If Diana's favorite phrase is "vat of crabbiness," mine is the "positive police." I can't wait to use it! Your post made me laugh and cheered me up - thanks!

TERRY SNYDER said...

Thanks Greta, I'm glad I made you smile. Your comment returned the favor.

Sheri Fenley said...

I kind of like being in my vat of crabbiness, I throw some of my best pity parties in there!

I'm all for cheerful stuff Terry, but I think that 1 or 2 days for the vat is a good compromise.

Sister Crankypants

TERRY SNYDER said...

Yes, but Sheri, you hide your days in the vat very well. Thanks for sharing SisterC.


Terry

Terry

Labels