Sunday, October 29, 2023

An Ironic, Quirky Footnote to my Jeremias Schröder Posts


Okay, in an ironic, quirky footnote to my last two posts, I have this. When I was about 9, my mother, who had a collection of various figurines, took my sister and I aside, and told us we could pick a figurine to start a collection of our own.  I don’t remember for sure, but I think my sister, who was younger and therefore had first choice, picked a dog.  As my hand started toward a pair of identical figurines, my mother warned that if I chose them, it might be challenging to find more of the same animal for my collection. As it turned out, my mother was correct.  These animal figurines were only present during a specific time of the year.  However, her telling me it would be a challenge only made me more certain of my choice.  I chose a twin set of little bunny rabbits.

 

Below is a portion of my collection. 






Jeremias Schröder was a renowned rabbit hunter.  His 7X great granddaughter is an avid rabbit collector. Ah, Irony, you are not always a heartless bitch.  Sometimes, you are a wry wit.  


© 29 October 2023, Desktop Genealogist Unplugged, Teresa L. Snyder



























 

No comments:


Terry

Terry

Labels