Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Twelve Sentence Review

Okay, proving that geneabloggers are just as warped as your average person, several memes are going around the geneablogger universe right now. One instructs – “take the first sentence from the first post of each month. You will end up with only twelve sentences. Post those twelve sentences.” Well, okay then.

January 2 - Other Voices of Genealogy - My writing style tends to be a casual, slightly irreverent style of prose.

February 1 - Web sites to check out - Aaarrrggh!!!!! How in the world did it get to be February already?

March 2 - Pension File Stories: Louisa Ish Smathers, Disappearing Woman - “I am nearly 48 years old, a housekeeper…”

April 1 - A look back — on Women's History Month and beyond - When my sister and I were young, we would play make-believe games.

May 1 - Part II: Pomerania - War and Consequences - The people of Pomerania knew that the Russian Army was rapidly advancing on them.

June 2 - One SuperPower to Go - Please! - Over the past couple of days, I’ve been thinking about what superpower I could appropriate that would help me most in my genealogical snooping.

July 1 - Delete is NOT an option - Okay, this post is only for those of you who maintain blogs on this newspaper website or those of an affiliated newspaper website. The rest of you can go do something else - sleep, eat, start a third world country.

August 4 - 7 Days, 7 Requests - Inertia is defined as the resistance to motion, action, or change.


September 1 - Our Family Treasure - For 102 years, various members of my family have been responsible for keeping the documents that my great grandparents Leo and Emma Schrader brought with them when they immigrated in 1906.


October 1 -Geneablogger Gnome makes a visit to the Desktop Genealogist - The little fellow below came for a visit to the Desktop Genealogist blog via email for my participation in Terry Thornton’s “Getting to Know You Challenge. "


November 4 - Some Final Thoughts on This Election Day - I just read a piece in the New York Times which said that the election with the largest voter turnout happened 100 years ago, on November 3, 1908 when 66% of the registered voters showed up at the polls and elected Ohioan, William Howard Taft, the Republican candidate, as President.


December 2 - Today I cannot write - Last night, big fat flakes of snow traveled softly to the ground.


So there you have it. My twelve sentence review of my blog. I’m not sure what it proves – that I don’t always start my posts with the word, “okay?”

2 comments:

Becky Thompson said...

I just discovered yoru blog and am so glad I did. I think it's beautiful. You dispkay beautiful photos too. Loved it.

TERRY SNYDER said...

Thanks Becky! I'm enjoying your blog too!


Terry

Terry

Labels